Ivy is a climbing plant with perennial leaves that is used on many occasions as a medicinal plant, although great care must be taken since in America there are species of this plant that are poisonous.
If you want to know everything about ivy carekeep reading this Green Ecology article.
To take into account to take care of an ivy
These factors must be taken into account to properly care for an ivy:
- Size: Most ivies only reach 60 centimeters in height, but if they sprout well they become more compact and can reach a diameter of 47 centimeters.
- light and temperature: It grows much better if it receives plenty of sunlight, but be careful because if it receives direct sunlight it can whiten the leaves. Indoor hydras should not be at a temperature below 7ºC, although their ideal temperature is 15. If it is hot and the temperature is higher, water them every day so that they do not get too hot.
- Bloom: Indoor ivy does not flower, so if you want it to, you must have it on a terrace, balcony or garden.
- Irrigation: Under normal conditions they do not need a lot of water, so it will be enough to water them twice a week in summer and once in winter.
- Pass: If the temperatures are high, add liquid fertilizer every two weeks.
Solve ivy problems
Even if you give it all the necessary care, a problem, disease or pest can always arise, so take note of these tips to fix ivy problems:
- If you get soot or gray mold, it is probably because a mealybug or green fly has appeared. Remove the bugs and clean the mold with a cloth and very carefully.
- If the leaves dry out, it is either getting too hot or not getting enough moisture. Water it every day until it regains its normal humidity.
- If the leaves turn black, it means that there is excess watering, so do not water it again until it dries and when you do, use less.
- If in summer the leaves turn pale it is because they receive too much direct sunlight. In order to heal her, take her to a place that is illuminated but not directly.
If you want to read more articles similar to ivy carewe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment