Are your plants not growing as expected? The truth is that plants need care, some basic and others specific to the species, which must be known if we want them to develop well. The first thing to do is make sure they do not have any disease, such as pests, and if so, treat it as soon as possible. Keep reading these tips from EcologíaVerde in which we tell you how to make plants grow faster and do not hesitate to put them into practice as soon as you can, you will see the results!
- Tricks to make plants grow faster
- Fertilizer to make plants grow faster
- Worm humus for your plants to grow faster
- Prune plants to make them grow faster
- Drainage of the land so that the plants grow better
- Light, humidity and temperature for plant growth
- Transplant plants to make them grow better
- List of very fast growing plants
Tricks to make plants grow faster
What makes plants grow? The answer is optimal conditions of light, nutrients, humidity, temperature, etc. Therefore, it is necessary to know the specific care of each species, but also pay attention to their day-to-day condition to check that they do not show symptoms of problems such as sunburn, waterlogging of the roots, pests, etc. When we see that delay in plant growth that we have in our care, it is normal that we worry thinking that they may not come out ahead and we think about reviewing their conditions and using some trickslike these:
- Manure and fertilizers
- Substrate drainage
- Natural light
Next, we explain each of them better. these tricks to make plants grow faster.
Fertilizer to make plants grow faster
All plants need soil with enough nutrients to take advantage of them and grow. Thus, especially in the case of plants that we have in pots, it is necessary to provide extra nutrients since the soil does not renew itself naturally nor will it accumulate waste that helps improve the composition. Therefore, we must use natural fertilizers and manures, since they are better than those that contain many chemicals, to help our plants grow well and faster. For example, composting is a good way to get it.
The difference between manure and fertilizer is that the first is spread directly on the ground and mixed a little, while the second first has to be diluted in water to be effective.
You can buy in a specialized store a fertilizer or natural manure to make plants grow faster or, do it at home using leftover food. Discover in this other EcologíaVerde article How to nourish plants with manures and fertilizers.
Worm humus for your plants to grow faster
This trick for accelerate plant growths is very simple, economical and totally natural. Earthworm humus, that is, the feces of these animals, brings great wealth to the earth and helps regulate and improve the good bacteria for plants. Take note to properly prepare and use the worm humus tea for your plants:
- a large container
- Worm humus (16 g per liter of water)
- Cloth or nylon bag
- Air compressor (such as in aquariums)
- Molasses or black honey (from cane sugar)
The amounts vary depending on how much infusion of humus we need, it is best to do it a little by eye, bearing in mind that it has to be more liquid than thick. Also, to make it more ecological, you can use water collected from the rain.
Preparation and treatment
- Put the worm castings in the cloth bag, it must be able to strain or be breathable, and close it well.
- Place the filled bag in the bucket and fill with water until the bag is covered.
- Place and start the diffuser or air compressor or aeration system that you have obtained, those of fish tanks or aquariums usually work very well for this. The idea is that bubbles are made, which means that the water is oxygenated and in this way the bacteria that are needed for the soil of the plants are more easily obtained.
- Add to the water, which will begin to turn dark, a teaspoon of molasses, previously diluted in a little hot water, for every 20 liters of water, so if you use less or more water you will have to calculate the amount.
- Let the ingredients infuse and oxygenate well for about 12 or 14 hours to have the worm humus tea ready so that the plants grow better and faster.
- To use it you will have to spray it on the soil of the plants or pour it directly for a faster effect, depending on the needs of your plants.
Prune plants to make them grow faster
When the plants finish flowering or if we detect diseased parts, full of pests or burned, they must be pruned so that they recover from the effort that these situations entail and continue to grow well. Therefore, try to prune all your plants well whenever you see something strange on their leaves that is difficult to treat, especially if it is very widespread or if you see yellow or very dry leaves and stems.
When there are few flowers left to fall and there are no buds, it is a perfect time to prune plants correctly and give them the push they need to be healthy and continue to develop. Use pruning shears and cut the branches or stems close to the central stem but without touching it or, if only part of the stem or branch is bad, cut just behind a node that is healthy leaving part of the branch or stem well for it to keep growing.
Drainage of the land so that the plants grow better
It is necessary to choose the suitable substrate to have good drainage and avoid puddles. Plants with too much water stop growing and they begin to get sick, their leaves and stems are darkened and they wither. Therefore, do a transplant or change the soil or substrate if you see a decayed-looking plant and moist soil, even if the surface is dry you should touch deeper to check the moisture level of the soil.
There are plants that need a more humid and compact soil and others need a lighter substrate with a lot of drainage, such as succulents. Thus, it is best to find out in the specialized gardening store about what care each type of plant that we have needs.
Light, humidity and temperature for plant growth
If you find that your new plant has stopped growing and is starting to look a little weird, make sure the place you keep it meets all of the basic conditions of the specific plant species. The excess or lack of natural light, water, humidity and even temperature will make a plant stop its growth for survival, to try to rest as much as possible and not be completely exhausted.
Thus, as soon as the conditions improve, such as spraying water on its leaves, improving its drainage if it has too much humidity or changing it to a more sunny or shady place, according to its needs, it will not take long to see an improvement in its appearance and in a few days it will resume growth.
Transplant plants to make them grow better
Plants to grow fast and well need space, so having them always in a small pot is not a good idea. If any of your plants have stopped growing but you think they should still continue to do so, ask yourself if the space you currently have is enough. The more space they have, the better, so don’t worry if a pot seems too big for a plant, if you can have it at home that way, the better. Of course, if you can have them planted directly in the ground, in a garden, orchard or field, much better.
It is advisable to transplant the plants several times throughout their life, but it is necessary to avoid doing it while they are in full bloom, since they can lose all the flowers before the end of the cycle. It is best to wait until flowering is over, as with pruning. In fact, it is good to first transplant them and then prune so that plants grow faster and better.
List of very fast growing plants
exist species of plants that grow very fast that can be useful if what you are looking for is to fill in a hole in your garden or land, for example as a fence. This is the case of the following:
- Bamboo (Arundinaria spp., Bambusa spp., Phyllostachys spp., Sasa spp.).
- Thuja or tree of life (Thuja occidentalis).
- Cypress (Cupressus).
- ivy (Hedera helix).
- Clematis (Clematis spp.).
- Hops (Humulus lupulus).
- Hibiscus (Hibiscus syriacus).
Discover with EcologíaVerde more species in this other article on Which are the hedges and trees that grow faster.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make plants grow fasterwe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment