Rice can be obtained in short, medium or long grain and grows relatively easily both in the garden and on a patio or in pots, always depending on the nutrients it has and other conditions such as water or soil. It is very important that it is always in humid conditions and where it develops best is in puddles of water or in swampy conditions.
Tips for growing rice
When the grains develop, they must be well drained to be able to harvest and grind what you have harvested, at which point it will be available for use as food. Take note of these tips for growing rice:
- Seeds: You can get them at any garden store or where they have supplies for farmers.
- I usually: Ideally, it should be made of slightly acid clay, as this will give you the best results. You can also plant it in buckets or pots as long as the soil conditions are ideal.
- Light: Choose a location that receives a lot of sunlight as it is very good for its development.
- temperaturesPairing: It needs warm climates and ideally it should always be in temperatures above 21ºC.
- Sowing: Soak the seeds in water to prepare them for sowing and let them soak for more than 12 hours but never more than 36. Then plant the seeds throughout the soil, ideally during autumn or spring,
- Pass: You must add compost or fertilizer to the soil, lightly covering the grains of rice but in such a way that they are well exposed to the sun in order to obtain all their nutrients.
- Irrigation: Very abundant since it needs a lot of water. Always keep at least 5 centimeters of water height so that it can grow well.
- Harvest: The rice will mature in 3 or 4 months, depending on the conditions in which it has been grown. Let excess water dry before stirring for harvest.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to grow rice: tips and trickswe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment