Pepper cultivation has been carried out for centuries, initially from the Asian tropics. The process is so simple that we can obtain this precious plant considered the queen of spices in our own home.
Steps to follow
To grow pepper at home you do not have to be an expert gardener but you do have to follow some very specific steps that we are going to explain to you right now:
- Prepare the soil by mixing two parts of black soil, one part of coarse clay or clay soil, and another of river sand to improve drainage.
- Fill the pot with the substrate, it is important that it has a somewhat acidic pH and is rich in nutrients.
- Place the pepper plant for cultivation in the center of the pot.
- Leave the pot in a shady place. Direct exposure to the sun can harm plant growth.
- Water without excess keeping the soil moist but avoid stagnation of water that can bring fungi and bacteria.
Get pepper at home
During the first 4 years, pruning to enhance the fructification of the berries.
As you go maturing, you will be able to harvest the berries carefully without damaging the stems. Remember that the color of the pepper can be black, red, green or white depending on the degree of maturity and the processing of crop.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to grow pepper at homewe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment