The cosmos It is one of the most beautiful plants out there, with spectacular and colorful flowers that give a very special touch to any environment. It originates from Mexico, although with the right conditions it can be grown anywhere in the world. It is an annual herbaceous plant that can reach a maximum height of one meter, so you can have it both indoors and outdoors.
The stem is very branched and its leaves are divided into segments, bearing flowers in yellow heads that can be pink, purple or white on the periphery. The cosmos blooms when spring arrives and does so until autumn begins, so it is a fantastic option to decorate in the hottest months of the year, being perfect for patios, terraces and gardens. At EcologíaVerde, we explain how to grow cosmos
Cultivation and care of the cosmos
- Temperature: the ideal is a temperature between 15-20ºC at any time of the year, withstanding both very cold and hot temperatures quite well. If you don’t want to risk frost, when winter comes move it indoors or protect it with plastic.
- Light: it is a species that develops much better when it receives natural light, so it is best to have it in a sunny location and, especially, in one where there is no shade for much of the day.
- Irrigation: it has to be moderate, increasing it in spring and summer since that is when the water is absorbed more quickly due to the high temperatures.
- I usually: It will be enough to use normal soil from the garden.
- multiplicationn: it must be done by seeds, during the winter or during the spring.
- Germination: Depending on the conditions, it takes between 8 and 14 days, especially if it is at 18ºC.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to grow cosmoswe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment