That thing about having a garden at home It is a possibility only for those who have large gardens. It is an idea that is relegated to the past, and it is that every day more people join the home cultivation of some foods on their balconies and even in their small windows.
Many people have already tried to grow carrots, cherry tomatoes or lettuce planted in small pots on the balcony, and at EcologíaVerde we want to continue expanding the possibilities for your urban garden and we want to tell you how grow zucchini in a pot.
Tips and steps to grow zucchini in a pot
The only thing you will need is a flexible pot, some seeds of the zucchini plant… And a lot of desire to work on its cultivation! Follow this easy and quick gstep-by-step guide to growing zucchini in a pot:
- Fill a pot with soil and fertilizer (worm humus works very well) and plant a maximum of two seeds in it at a depth of 2 or 3 centimeters.
- Put it in a well lit place where it receives abundant sunlight, as it is essential for the correct development of the plant.
- water daily always keeping the substrate moist until you notice the first leaves begin to grow, which is usually five to ten days after planting. From then on, continue watering to maintain moisture in the soil.
- At this time you should transplant into a larger pot about 40cm in diameter to allow the courgettes to develop in sufficient space (this is usually about 30 days after planting). Remember that you must fertilize the soil again and fill the bottom of the pot or planter with clay balls.
- Harvesting is usually carried out about 90 days after planting, when the fruits of the plant are not yet fully ripe.
Also keep in mind that in addition to sun exposure, the zucchini needs to develop at a temperature of between 20ºC and 30ºC depending on the moment of growth in which it finds itself.
If you want to read more articles similar to Grow zucchini in a potwe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment