The chamomile It is a highly recommended herb for medicinal purposes. It is characterized by having properties: disinfectants, digestive Y sedatives. We teach you how to successfully grow your own chamomile plant in a pot.
Step to follow
- cultivation begins planting seeds in summer. Sprinkle a few over potting soil and cover with a thin layer of vermiculite (a mineral made up of silicates).
- After two weeks, the seeds will have germinated, choose the strongest shoot and remove the weakest.
- Transplant into a pot at least 16 inches in diameter. Avoid placing chamomile near other pots so they don’t spread out.
- Use a loose soil that allows good drainage. Prepare the mixture of two parts of black earth with a little coarse sand.
- Place the pot in the garden or indoors. Choose a site that receives plenty of sunlight but without direct sunlight on the plant.
- Irrigation should be daily to maintain an optimum level of humidity in the substrate.
- When most of the flowers have opened, it will be the right time to harvest.
- Only collect flowers that are fully open, taking care not to cut leaves and stems.
- Leave the flowers to dry on a piece of paper in a place cool and gloomy where the air blows.
- When you finish harvesting the flowers, do a pruning to give new life to the plant. Cut the tips of the stems that carried the flowers.
If you want to read more articles similar to Grow chamomile in a potwe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment