The cockscomb It is an annual herbaceous plant that belongs to the family of the Amaranthaceae and that has its origin in the tropical regions. It reaches a height of between 40-60 centimeters, so it is ideal for both indoors and outdoors. It can be of different colors, sizes and shapes, although its size is usually rounded. Its leaves are alternate, simple, oval, with little petioles and with very marked veins.
Here we leave you a list with the basic care of this plant:
- Lightning: needs to be in full sun as long as possible. If you have it indoors, put it near the sunniest window.
- Temperature: the only requirement that it has in this sense is that, like any other tropical plant, it does not support very cold temperatures. It can never be below 5ºC.
- Irrigation: You should water 3 times a week, and the amount of water used in each irrigation should increase as the size of the plant increases. It has to be moist but not waterlogged.
- I usually: it needs to be always slightly humid and fresh, and it is essential that it has good drainage.
- Multiplication: It is done by seeds when the end of winter arrives, and it is best to do it in boxes. The seeds will take about 6 weeks to germinate.
- Crop: if you do the cultivation in a greenhouse, take it outside only when the night temperatures are at least 15ºC.
The flower of the cockscomb plant
As for its flowers, they can be yellow, white, red or purple. It blooms in autumn and is a very decorative plant even when it comes to an end as it can dry out. It is one of the best options to use as an indoor plant since it adapts very well to the characteristics of the home.
If you want to read more articles similar to Cultivation and care of the rooster combwe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment