the lady of the night It is a bush that is also known by the names of cestro or galán de noche and that is characterized by the aroma of its flowers, which open when the end of the day arrives. It is one of the most used shrubs in aromatic gardens, so it is also a great option for any corner of your garden.
It can reach 5 meters in height and although its appearance is not as beautiful as that of other shrubbery, its aroma makes up for it. It has oval green leaves and small white flowers that open, as I said at the beginning, when night falls, that is why the specimen is called that. With the right conditions and care, you will get the most out of it.
- Temperature: the only requirement that it has in this sense is that it must be very well protected from the lowest temperatures, since being native to tropical areas it does not tolerate them. Try to never expose it to temperatures below -2ºC.
- Lightning: It is very important that it receives a lot of natural light during the spring and summer, otherwise it would be very difficult for it to flower and, therefore, for it to have its special aroma.
- I usually: It is not very demanding in this sense and it does well with almost any type of soil, as long as it has good drainage capacity.
- Watering the lady of the night: it has to be every two days in summer and a couple of times a week in winter, always waiting for the surface of the soil to dry before watering again.
- Pass: it is especially important during the flowering season to apply fertilizers rich in iron, which are also very good for the rest of the year.
- Pruning: one is recommended when summer begins to control its growth and favor another flowering.
- pests: the ones that can affect you the most are aphids, red spiders and whiteflies, so keep a close eye on this aspect to be able to detect them as soon as possible.
- Multiplication: it can be done from seeds or cuttings, always in late spring or early summer, coinciding with the flowering season.
If you want to read more articles similar to Cultivate the lady of the night, a bush with a fantastic aromawe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment