The one known as crotos plant It belongs to the Euphorbiaceae family and its scientific name is Codiaeum. It is a very decorative plant that has its origin in Polynesia, Malaysia and East Indies. It is very common to confuse it with another plant called indoor croton, of the same genus but which does not have any decorative species but are all medicinal.
The leaves of this plant are petiolate, perennial, alternate and can have different shapes: oval, lobed, trilobed or lanceolate. They can have different shades, always in colors such as pink, white, green, red, brown or yellow. Its flowers are not interesting at an ornamental level since they are very small and can hardly be seen with the naked eye. In this EcologíaVerde article we explain in detail what are the Crotos plant care.
- Location: Its cultivation is not very easy inside the home, it always develops much better outdoors. In hot climates, it is best to keep it outdoors, always protected from the wind and in the shade. It should be a very well lit place but one that does not receive direct sunlight, so it should not be right next to a window.
- Temperature: Ideally, it should be in environments that do not fall below 16ºC or exceed 25.
- Transplant: It is not recommended to do it until at least two years after its first planting, and when you do it you should move it to a pot that is at least 1-2 measures higher so that it has enough space to grow.
- I usually: It should be a mixture of equal parts peat moss, sand, and garden soil.
- Pass: use a liquid fertilizer every 15 days during spring and summer.
- Irrigation: it has to be regular so that the soil is always moist, but without puddles. The ideal is to use a pot with a water reserve so that it never dries out and you do not have to pay much attention to watering as it will be self-sufficient for a good season.
- Pruning: if the leaves drop, cut the upper stem in the spring so that new shoots begin to emerge from the base.
- Multiplication: the best option is to do it by stake, but it is so complicated that only specialized professionals can do it successfully.
If you want to read more articles similar to crotos plant carewe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment