The call air carnation It is an epiphytic plant that is officially called Tillandsia Aeranthos which has its origin in South America but can be grown anywhere in the world if the right conditions are met. The stem can reach 60 centimeters in height, and is covered with many leaves arranged in several rows.
The leaves have small grayish scales, they are elongated, triangular in shape and hug the stem, which leaves a very beautiful set. The flowers are also small and can be purple or dark blue in color and bloom during the summer. In EcologíaVerde, we show what are the care of the carnation of the air.
Most important air carnation care
- Location: They can be both indoors and outdoors. In the second case, if the weather is hot and humid, it will develop perfectly and be beautiful.
- Lightning: It needs to be in a very bright area, preferably in full sun, since that is how it will reach its maximum splendor.
- Temperature: the only requirement that it has in this regard is that it does not tolerate frost, so you must be very careful with low temperatures. If you have it outside and it’s cold at night, put it inside so it doesn’t suffer.
- Humidity: they need to receive environmental humidity, and when it is very hot it is convenient to spray the leaves once a week.
- Plagues and diseases: It is a plant that is very resistant to both one thing and the other, so if you do not get confused in the care you will not have problems in this regard.
- Multiplication: when you want to do it, it must be during the spring and from cuttings, separating the young branches.
If you want to read more articles similar to Air carnation carewe recommend that you enter our category .
Leave a Comment